View Single Post

Old 05-02-2024, 09:13 AM

Liked 6,218 Times in 1,331 Posts
Default Wednesday’s Update

I am not sure if it was the hot tub or things just catching up on me, but I was asleep before 9pm on Tuesday and pretty much slept through until 4.30 am. But I woke to a nasty surprise.

Yesterday Karen had a bit of a sore throat, this morning she was running a temperature. Not very high but still a temperature. Fortunately we always travel with several doses of antibiotics for her, so I broke them out of her suitcase and made her coffee. She elected to spend the day in bed and sent me out, but I was still concerned for her health.

I finally got my biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I then stocked up on water for Karen before heading out.

While the temperature was not as high as during our last visit (triple digits) it seemed much more humid.

First stop was Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. I elected not to tour the mansion, just the museum and grounds. No photography is allowed, but with cellphones things can, and do, “happen”.

After about 90 minutes I returned to the car and gave Karen a phone call. She was feeling a little better so I went to my second stop, downtown, after promising to pick her up something for lunch before returning.

I seem to have lost my cellphone cover. The last time I recall having it was when we picked up the rental car Tuesday. I took my phone out of the case to place it on the windscreen holder. I seem to recall I may have placed the case on the door shelf holding the window and mirror controls, and it may have fallen out of the car when I went back in to clarify something. Either way, I now can’t locate it.

I returned to the rental agency but it had not been handed in. Next stop was Broadway.

Last visit I had been looking for a nice pair of black boots, but never found anything suitable that I was willing to pay for. The Boot Barn on Broadway seemed another failed effort until I made my way to the 3rd floor where the really large size 1st and up, boots were on display, and on a 50% off sale.

I found a pair of black ankle length zip up boots, but there were only two pair, one too small and one a bit large. Thick socks can fill up 5e extra space, and I like a bit of extra room to allow for my feet to swell under heat as the day goes on, so I bought the large pair as well as another cowboy hat.

Crossing the road I visited Garth Brooks’ new “Friends in Low Places” bar for. Lemonade and to listen to the band for 15 minutes.

It was then back to the hotel, stopping to pick up a sandwich and some lemon cake for Karen. She was definitely a bit better, her temperature was falling, and I stayed with her for several hours getting her coffee between her waking up and falling asleep again. Then it was off to the recording studio.

I had decided to record two songs, $225, but declined the additional framed “golden disc”, at least until I was in the recording booth and saw one on the wall beside me. Oh well, as my brother tells me “It is only money” and “You only live once”.

There was a problem with the printer, so I could not take my disc with me, but I was assured I’d be phoned as soon as it was ready (“later tonight or tomorrow morning”) to pick up.

I had had a craving for pizza all afternoon so I located a Pizza Hutt near our hotel and diverted that way on the drive back to the hotel where I found Karen sitting up in bed. There was far too much pizza even for two, so guess what is on the lunch menu for Thursday?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (131.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0081.jpg (135.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0080.jpg (143.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0082.jpg (86.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0086.jpg (62.2 KB, 38 views)