View Single Post

Old 05-04-2024, 02:33 PM

Liked 4,685 Times in 1,720 Posts
Default House Pistol

Part of in depth research for my book I documented the .41rf Colt House Pistol in detail. This information is backed by many hours of research that includes factory records and distributor research.

The first two photos are from my collection. Factory engraved with no finish applied. No finish “from the factory”. Notice the deep patina inside the engraving. This is my personal favorite antique engraving. It’s shows extremely well.

The next photo is the exact same model gun, same era, same factory engraving, only factory plated. Looks very nice but you can clearly see the difference in presentation.

The last two photos are of a late 5 shot house pistol Distributor engraved in the early 1880’s also having no finish on the frame but nickeled or blued on the cylinder and barrel or even a mixture of both.

Remember also that two tone finish was also available during that period.

This simply proves there were many options for the customer that circumvented engraver procedures. Making the sale was the priority and always was.

iby’s presentation examples clearly show no bluing after the engraving. The customer was given the option to finish or not.

Murph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9319.jpg (71.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9318.jpg (75.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9320.jpg (50.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9321.jpeg (117.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9322.jpeg (79.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by BMur; 05-04-2024 at 02:44 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: