View Single Post

Old 05-12-2024, 06:34 PM

Liked 82 Times in 52 Posts
Default Range Test

Summary: Seems to work.

The range still had Fiocchi but now only 130 gr. FMJ.
Primers seem to be the same type.

Cylinder = 5 cartridges
First two cylinders had one failure to fire each.

Each cartrige that failed to fire double action on the first try did fire on the second try double action.
At this junction I was getting ready to try some Precision One brand with CCI primers, but figured 10 rounds is not enough to get a sense of the percentages.

Cylinders 3 and 4 had zero failures to fire. This is interesting.
The next two cylinders were shot offhand double action and were also fine. OK. This seems promising. Lets keep going.
Target out to 17 yards, and the remaining 20 cartridges all went bang on the first pull of the trigger (yes double action).

I took a look a photo of the primers when they all went bang, and one looks like a light strike. Looking through the box of spents shells and there are a few more like this. I think this is a hard primer. Also maybe the hammer nose strikes just enough off center (low) that maybe its even harder to dent that location.

So the bottom line is that now it seems to be working. I think the revolver is just on the edge of setting these primers off consistantly. Will need to put a more Fiocchi through before I'm convinced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36-1_2024-05-12_2212r.jpg (155.8 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Matt_X; 05-12-2024 at 08:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: