View Single Post

Old 04-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

An update:
I went in to the shop to confront the sales person about the two other dealers informing me of the SW99QA "dime a dozen" situation...

The dealer picked up the phone (later he told me the person he was talking to was the S&W Sales Rep for the Western U.S.) and began to talk "Hey, ______ you remember the SW999QA you sold me about four years ago, the one you told me they only made 6 or so of? Yeah well I have a customer interested in buying and wants to know the specifics/history of the gun."

After the short conversation on the phone, he told me that they were made for the Orange County Sheriff's Department (California) but the Sheriff's Department didn't want them.

The pistol has the Walther Logo engraved on the ejection port, right side as well as the ser no. Also on the right side towards the tip of the gun it has engraved "Carl Walther blah blah blah (something in german)". On the left side it has the Smith & Wesson Springfield, Mo engraving on it. With the typical SW99QA.It also has Trijicon Night Sights installed on it. I do believe it had a test fire shell enclosed in a small manilla envelope sealed and signed with an individuals name/signature on the Seal.
I have the ser no now and have written S&W.

Any one have input?