View Single Post

Old 04-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

Geez, it took me a while to find this old post, but I actually took the gun out the other day and shot it. Our little club here has started up shooting the PPC and is really enjoying it. Bullets are scarce, and powder and primers are like hen's teeth.

Military and Police patrols are just all over the damned place. Results of their "drug war", you know. It was probably silly of me to risk taking it out of the house under these circumstances, but I was going with some people who work directly with the State Governor and I figured I'd be pretty safe.

Anyway, the old gun groups nicely with our Lee Wadcutters tumble-lubed wadcutters and 3 grains of bullseye. Alas I have no photos of our little juant, but I WILL take the gun out again the next time a "safe" opportunity presents itself and get some shots of it in action.

It's mostly a "safe-queen" right now due to the situation here abouts, but the gun got shot just the other day and I thought it worth mentioning. She's back in the safe now, quite safe!

Incidently, that front sight is one of the old King Gunsite Company sights with the little mirror in it. I knew nothing about this sight and the other day sitting on the throne and reading an American Handgunner Magazine I was presented with an article about those sights and I thought "by Golly, that's the sight that's mounted on Phil's gun!" And so it is. I had never noticed the mirror because it was so full of crud down there in the little hole but a Q-tip fixed that problem quick.

Incidently, central Mexico where I live is quite safe at the moment and has been all through-out the current nastiness. It's strange, you know, you hear about **** happening all around you, but here in town things have stayed just like always.

UPDATED IMAGE: A more modern photo of the range in San Miguel de Allende. The gun-club secretary fires from one of the PPC ranges at some of the NRA-style B-18 targets in use by the San Miguel/Queretaro competition group. She is using a longslide 1911 in "380 Cal", essentially a 9mm +P load firing a 140 grain Saeco #383 cast bullet at about 1,100 fps.

Last edited by calmex; 11-10-2019 at 06:11 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: