Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 03-10-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dacoontz: On the other hand, the 27 is so easy to carry...
Both of my Model 27s are equipped with the 3.5 pound trigger pull. These were standard on the early guns and did cause some 'problems' for transition because many Officers were used to a much heavier DA pull on their revolvers. I transitioned from a Model 19-3 that has a VERY light DA trigger pull. I think the "Factory Standard" is now 5.5 pounds. But I seem to remember a 'New York' trigger that was something like 12.5 pounds being offered. I also have a .22rf conversion kit for my Glocks and they allow me to practice a fair amount more than normal. It uses the regular Glock frame and so the trigger pull is an exact match for my carry guns.

In my opinion a 3.5 pound pull is fine for someone who is a 'shooter' but I also don't see a real problem with the 5.5 pull for the average Officer.. The 12.5 pull is plain silly - lawyer nonsense and nothing more.

Shooting a Smith "N" Frame .357 Magnum is much easier on the hand & body than shooting one of the newer "J" Frames in the same caliber. Same idea behind the extra weight for the heavier 10mm loadings. The Full Sized 10mm(1200fps) Glock is no where near as easy to shoot as the Full Sized .40S&W(950fps) even when shooting the original 180 grain bullet that these cartridges were both designed for.

Smith does offer their M&P line which is very much like the Glocks.