View Single Post

Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 AM

Liked 45 Times in 13 Posts

Here is a find that I just made recently at a gun show in Ohio. It is a .22/32 Kit Gun chambered for the .22 Long Rifle. This one is known as the Pre-Model 34. There is no model number stamped inside the yoke. This gun is a 4-screw, has a flat latch thumbpiece, blued finish with a 4" barrel. The grips are the originals and are so numbered to the gun.

The most interesting thing about this gun is the serial number. It is 2249. That's right! A low 4 digit serial number. And all the numbers on the gun match.

This gun is in excellent condition. Chamber and bore are perfect. No rust or pitting! The rifling is strong and clear. There is just a little bit of wear on the bluing at the end of the barrel. Probably holster wear. No scratches, nicks or any other wear on the surface of this gun. This one has been well taken care of. It appears not to have been used much.

The SCSW3 states these guns were made from about 1953-1969 with a serial number range from 101-135465. My gun would probably be in the 1st year of production.

I paid $500 for it and believe it's well worth it. The SCSW3 list it at $600 in excellent condition. Given the excellent condition and low serial number of this gun I couldn't pass it up.

I'm debating on whether or not to have this one factory lettered.

Any comment out there.

jsmith

This is the best shot I can get of the serial number. My camera just doesn't have the resolution for fine details.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: