Thread: USNCPC M&P
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the welcome.

Well that explains the issue with USNCPC in the letter from Roy.

I will be glad to provide you any details you would like to have. The serial number is 757287, its a 4 inch barreled .38 SPECIAL and commercial bright blue finish mentioned in the letter. I can scan the letter if you would like a copy?

/s/ Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by ordnanceguy:
Hi Steve:

First, welcome to the Forum.

Second, back in 1982 neither Roy Jinks nor anyone else in the collecting community had any idea what the acronym USNCPC stood for. The factory records did not have this information so Roy can't really be faulted on that.

Author/researcher Charlie Pate, a member of the S&WCA, finally cracked the code about ten years ago and discovered in the National Archives that USNCPC meant the US Navy Civilian Police Corps, as mentioned by Saxonpig above. Charlie Pate has fully described these guns in his US Secondary Handguns book and in an article in Man at Arms magazine as well.

My collaborator LWCmdr45 and I have recorded quite a few of the USNCPC guns in the Pre-Victory and Victory Model Database. I would like to include your's as well on a confidential basis. Could you please post it here, or email it to me at [email protected], and remove the NOSPAM, of course.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Charlie Flick
S&WCA #729
NRA Life
S&WHF Member