View Single Post

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts

Cal
I'd be proud an honored to talk to you. I made the mistake of missing out on what a friend like this could have told me.
My friend Lee Vandenberg had been there and done it. US geological survey, original UDT (forerunner to the Navy Seals), border patrol with Askins and Jordan, undercover ATF. I had always intended to write a book about him, but never got around to it. We lost touch a few years back, but I often thought about calling him but didnt want to make the mistake of asking his wife if he was home only to find out he'd died.
Two years ago his wife tracked me down to tell me he died...I will put that loss of communication and a friend on the top of my regret list.
I wont do that again.

So I say to you my new friend though email isnt quite the same as in person...mine is always open to you no matter the subject. If you just want to rant that is fine.
I've had the pleasure of knowing a lot of colorful people over the years, and I am passionate about history and that which goes with firearms especially.
Perhaps one day I may have the priveledge of making a trip to your part of the world and seeing Phil's gun in person.
Best regards