Thread: USNCPC M&P
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello All,

My USNCPC M&P gets a few rounds shot through it yearly during the 2nd week of June to commemorate D-Day June 1945 and cleaned before goin back into storage. However after owning for nearly 30 years now and seeing as it is almost 70 years old and still in great shape I was wondering if perhaps its getting both too old and too valuable to shoot, even just once a year.

I have good photo's ( but don't see how to post them yet ) for the experts to evaluate and offer an idea as to how much of a collector's or shooter's piece she may be and what it may be worth at this point in time.

It is completely original 4 inch barrel unit with all matching numbers, British proofs and nice finish, overall it is in really good condition considering its age and the fact that it did see service use during WWII and was used as a duty gun back in New Jersey for over 30 years thereater.

Back in 1982 I corresponed with Roy Jinks and on S&W letter head he sent a two page response that was canned for "British Commonwealth" models with factory data on my piece in the last two paragraphs stating it was shipped 28th May 1941 to the Washington D.C. Navy Yard. In those paragraphs he also stated that U.S.N.C.P.C. stood for "United States Navy Coastal Patrol Corps., an organization which came into being on 20 March 1941 at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii", which contridicts what is stated about U.S.N.C.P.C. in print elsewhere that I have since read.

Thanks in advance for any commments, I will send photos here when I can figure out how or directly to anyone who requests them.

/s/ Steve
The Following User Likes This Post: