View Single Post

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 88 Times in 56 Posts

Lets put it this way, I lose 25+ pounds each and every working day...lose it when the whistle blows. Boots, belt (and all attendent gear) plus the vest. This stuff gets heavy, eats up a lot of valuable space in the patrol car and bangs into dang near everything. Watch a unifrom pick a place to sit, usually they'll shy away from armed chairs (it is a royal pain in the ribs to sit in an armed chair if you catch your holster on the arm).

Someone mentioned foot chases. Yeppers, lets me know I'm still in OK shape when I can still chase after and sometimes catch the fleet footed tennie runner wearing punk . Now pushing 50 I don't catch as many as I used to in the foot race, but I still do. Maybe my still being able to catch a few is the result of too much Nintendo on their part .

Try strapping on 25 to 30 pound rucksacks and doing a few wind sprints, then go for a nice long run, make sure to include hopping a few fences on the route just to get a little taste.

Yea, my back hurts a little now and then.

Like LT, I am a supervisor as well. I go out in the field and work alongside my troops, doing the same routine they do. Yes as supervision I don't have to do that, but I do because my troops need to know I'm not just talking out my ***. Plus, it keep me current with what they're seeing. Maybe I should be delegating the foot chases....hmmm