Thread: Jet Stuff
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2009, 06:23 PM

Liked 1,085 Times in 468 Posts

On the forming of Rem Jet from .357 brass I have read an article on how to and now I cant find the thing, but I think the key is to anneal the new cases first. They said to get a pan and fill it to a depth of about 1/2 the length of the .357 case use a propane torch to heat, I think until it changes color and then push the hot case over into the water do all your case and then use the forming dies to finish I did 300 using new brass, not nickle plated and didnt have promblem crushing or collapse or telescope any I have loaded some but didnot shoot for a group, had to use .223 Hornet 40 gr. bullets and 2400 powder. When I got the 53 I bought Rem Jet unprimed brass and loaded some they were quite impressive with no kick. One other note if the brass flows to the neck after forming you may have to Forester outside neck turner to turn any excess off. The last time I checked Midway they listed no Remington Jet brass and only Hornady .222 dia. bullets at a rather high price per 100. The Jet is a lot easier to form than 219 Donaldson Wasp, they will all telescope if you dont anneal the brass if made from 30-30 cases. It is very nice to read about others experience with this pistol as no one I know has one to compare with.