View Single Post

Old 06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Liked 48,894 Times in 9,301 Posts

Quote:
Anyway, it's a story about the Model 27. It might not be the one you wanted, but it is always the first one that comes to mind when people ask me about it.
Cal,
First, don't bother with the pic. I blew up the black & white, and could read them after you listed them- THANKS.
As to the story, doesn't bother me a bit. Those men are Heroes, and all are due respect. They fought well, and long. Kudos to your Dad for Juno.
I am one of the dinosaurs that knows war is not genteel, nor clean and sterile. I don't care how one kills my enemy, even if he's already dead. I have a son who might wind up in Iraq, or some other armpit of the earth. I will tell him to err on the side of killing one too many instead of one too few, and doing too much collateral damage instead of too little. I have the dubious honor of having served in the only war we did not win. This, and our young being pulverized every few days by the IED's in Iraq, inspire my philosophy.
One does what one has to do. For example, I have never seen it in print as stated to be official, but the Airborne troops of D-Day were told they would not be taking prisoners. They would not have the time, personnel, or logistical ability to handle prisoners. Some old Troopers used to talk about it......
Thanks again for sharing some of the history tied to that gun.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: