View Single Post

Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A buddy of mine has S&W 629-1 with a 6" bbl. in stainless and chambered in .44mag. He's thinking about selling it since he never shoots it. It has the older style hammer with the pin attached with a little movement in it. It's not a very old gun but can anyone help me figure out the age of this gun? The SN is AUC7729 and the rest of the info under that is E26 and 135XZ. I've never gotten into the larger calibers and don't have any .44's except a Colt Anaconda that has really only been out a few times since I acquired it....so I really don't "need" this gun...but it wouldn't be one I'd like to see go to someone else for extremely cheap since they aren't making them any more like that one. The gun has some ****** wood grips on them that seem to be someone's homemade attempt at some smooth grips. They would have to go for something nicer if I got the gun. What is a reasonable $$figure to offer for it? I don't really want it unless It was a decent deal for me. What's the usual going price for one of these in 90%+ condition?

Thanks!