Thread: Jet Stuff
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I bought Jet cylinders several years ago. Got a deal on 3, don't recall what I paid for them, but it seemed reasonable at the time.

Also have forming dies but have yet to try them. I regard them as "plan B" but do want to convert some .357 cases into Jet brass. I believe nickle plated cases are going to be out of the question and I suspect annealing might be required. I did buy a case of Jet brass a couple of years ago when I found it available.

I've also found in loading .357 ammunition that all brass is not created identically. There seem to be noteable differences between makers and I doubt all are suited to case reforming.

I suspect a couple of key points in loading Jet ammunition is keeping cases trimmed - they grow quickly with full loads. Also, the use of rifle primers will better allow access to the Jet's full potential.

I also have a concern is with bullets. I prefer the factory bullet to all else. The Hornady .222 bullet is next up to my thinking for several reasons. My last choices at this point are the .223 bullets intended for rifle velocities.

Then there is the matter of powder. I could go on here but I'll just say there is work to be done in this arena. I wonder about the potential of Little Gun and if anyone has tried it.