View Single Post

Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

On Phil's National Championship, I believe he won that with his .45. In the Marine Corps photo -- taken on the day -- I have in my office he has his Marine Corps Armorer customized 1911.
That gun resides with my best friend, Al Williams here in San Miguel. We fitted a .22 Conversion kit to the gun and registered it as a .22. Although the .45 HAD been registered, there was just no way we could get it registed to a civilian. Mine we got away with -- the .45 we could not do. We registered it as a "Ceiner .22" and the Mexican Army bought it.
I realize this is a bit off the M27 topic, but all of Phil's guns went somewhere and we generally got them good homes. I was lucky enough to end up being the home of the .357, which I am beginning to understand is a bit more classic than even I had imagined.
Gotta run again, it's a busy time in the Ice Cream business with the kids just getting out of school and stuff. I am glad you are all so interested in the gun. I really only have one other gun story involving the M27 from the Pacific, and it's probably not a great story but I will tell you about it when I get some more time.
Cheers!
Cal
The Following 5 Users Like Post: