View Single Post

Old 06-16-2007, 07:23 AM

Liked 67 Times in 39 Posts

Okay....here's the official poop from Shelley:

E-mail #1:

Mike,

Don just gave me the go ahead to take orders. At this time, only for the SW 29. The price will be $285.00 plus shipping. I guesstimate that it would be about 6 - 8 weeks for production. Don is leaving for Albuquerque today and I leave the 20th. We will both be back on the 27th.

He decided to leave the harness as is. Even though it's not a good fit. This weekend I might buy the Dirty Harry DVD's so we can watch them while in Albuquerque.

Thanks
Shelley

My reply:

Hi Shelley,
Sounds great! I think everyone responded they would want the holster exactly the way Clint Eastwood had it. Price sounds great. I think it will be a great seller. Some guys (like me) have the Model 29 like Harry's gun just to have one like in the movie. I also have stainless versions that I actually shoot. What barrel lengths will it be made in? I assume 6 1/2 because that is the original length used in the movie. How do we go about doing the preorders? Do you want people to e-mail you or will it be advertised on the website? The best movie to get a good view of the holster is the first one..."Dirty Harry". I'll hold off on letting the guys on the forum know what's going on 'till I get your reply.

Yours,
Mike Bonomo
P.S. Please put me down for one in 6 1/2 inch barrel size

And Shelley's reply last night:

My Firearm catalog is not listing the barrel lengths. So, I'm not going to be specific. The 6.5" and up are not a problem. Anything under 5" could be because of the tension screw in the holster. Best way to order would be to call me. 800-650-9742. FYI, I will be out 6/20 to 6/27. No one else in the shop will know what's up. Also, no rush since Don will not be back until then. I will request a 50% deposit, but not full payment, since completion time is questionable.

Time for me to go home. Catch ya later!

Shelley
--------------------------------