View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

Back around October 20, I happen to check Turner's Outdoorsman's website about a hour after they posted a 3913TSW pre-rail listed as 95% which turned out to be 100% with two magazines but no box. I called . . . they held it . . . I purchased it. Sort of like Staples, "That was Easy."

Yesterday, I saw a 4006 with adjustable sights come up on their website at the same location where my 3913TSW was waiting for me to start the state paperwork (registration, etc.). It was listed as 90% without magazines (no highcaps here in California) but with the "OEM Box" for $450. This location seems to always under rate the condition. And, since I was planning on going in today to register my 3913TSW anyway, I figured I would call and have them hold it for me to look at.

So, yesterday I called the guy with whom I've been dealing there and before I could say anything, he said, "Hey, a 4006 came in that is really, really nice. I put it in the back with your name on it to check out when you come in tomorrow." I said, "That's funny because I was going to ask you about that one. You guys have it marked at 90%, so . . ." He says, "I don't see a mark on it and it's very, very nice."

Today, I went in and filled out the registration paperwork on the 3913TSW and then turned my attention to the 4006 with adjustable sights. It appears to be unfired in perfect condition with the original box and paperwork (s/n VDC91xx, mfg'd 1995). Since I knew it didn't come with mags, I brought a couple of my own to test it with. At $450, I grapped it. I'm going to sell my brother some of the South African .308 ammo I've been hoarding to help finance this unexpected purchase. At $450, in that condition with adjustable sights here in Southern California, I simply could not pass it up.

I'll be going in to do the registration paperwork on December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day). <STRIKE>Here's a link to the listing on Turner's website: 4006 at Turner's</STRIKE> They took down the listing.