Thread: SHOT Show 2009
View Single Post

Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Liked 520 Times in 264 Posts

You forgot about...

Benelli USA: having the most stupid display of the show...their new Vinci.

Actually, it was hype, without a gun displayed.

Just some college age kids in suits with black sunglasses around a funky looking case, (that I think would be impossible to stack) trying to look like high-security.

If it was something so great, why didn't they just announce it?!?!

Uberti (through various US importers): The new Colt Burgess rifle...lever action version of the Lightning rifle. I have to have one.

Traditions Firearms: A couple of new scale version kits of cannons from the War of Northern Aggression, and some new black powder revolvers which are replicas of some historical handguns attributed to men like Jesse James, etc.,- including an silver-plated 1851 Navy with a steel frame! (I want one of these too )

Taurus: a small frame version of the Judge, which is on a stretched model 85 frame with a semi-bobbed hammer. It's about half the size of my current Judge, and the one that interests me is the alloy-frame with the titanium cylinder.

They also had out a neat little .380, and although I'm not particularly into that caliber, their titanium one peeks my interest also. I waited and didn't buy a Ruger- so perhaps I'll see how this little piece does and get one of them.

S&W: I really like the 58, and the engraved stuff that was displayed, but they are going crazy on their prices.

Federal: They had some neat stuff, like their new .410 buckshot with the extra pellet...but I commented on their high prices, which didn't seem to get a rouse out of poor gentlemen manning their booth- their people were friendly, and so was I, but they looked beat- so I was nice and even offered to get those guys a drink.

I didn't bother stopping at any "tacticool" displays- they don't interest me- at least I admit I'm slanted.

The sandwiches were too much, parking was too high, and I even saw some people sporting badges with "lawn service" and "Avon" on them. One guy was wanting to buy a gun off a display and giving the manufacturer a hard time because he didn't realize that this wasn't a gun show. Go figure.