View Single Post

Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I traded for the like new 5" JM PC627 V-Comp several years ago - and love it... except for dovetail front sight, which S&W doesn't offer a replacement for. Also, the use of either the comp (shown) or cap simply means something else to clean. With the gun's mass - and my wimpy .357Ms - that comp is for 'looks'. It has a dreamy PC trigger job, of course. Hate that front sight!

Last May found me going to my pusher for a 4" .38/.357M - a new 620. I left with a new 627 Pro for less than a c-note more - WOW! The 627 Pro has the eased ejector star and is dished for moonclps, just like the PC gun. The trigger cleaned up nicely, albeit not quite a PC shop equivalent. That 625JM/Classic-DX style front sight is spring loaded and permits a tool-less exchange in seconds. I added the HiViz and the Ahrends' Retro Targets - and love it. It is my most common range bag rider... even went yesterday, when it digested moonclipped-only ammo - a first of sorts for me (The 625 & it's 'clipped' .45 ACPs spoils you for the moonclip's speed of loading.). I finally ordered fifty more moonclips... I better like them!

Seriously, the 4" 627 Pro will be here long after that PC 5"-er is gone. It is a faster pointer - and a fine 'plinker' - for me.

Stainz