View Single Post

Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 AM

Liked 1,576 Times in 626 Posts

At the risk of having my post deleted again on this subject, Smith & Wesson's One Year Warranty is NOT the same as its Extended Service Policy. The Warranty is a legal statement, the policy is a policy; it could change but it hasn't.

Links abound to both in this thread and the OP's scans are sufficient to make the distinction.

Confusion arises from the Extended Service Policy text not appearing in the particular manual revision that came with the OP's firearm. The fact it was missing does not necessarily mean it was 'deleted'. Posting as a 35- year-plus publishing professional, I can think of several explanations for the text having been 'omitted': faulty or missing copy preparation, faulty or missing proofing procedures, image preparation or assembly errors, in any combination.

I have no idea how many revisions of the manual exist but I do know the number of pages has changed, that can cause problems in allocating space, number of press runs to complete the booklet, or folding machine capabilities any of which can cause panic in copy fitting.

The current policy is clearly stated on S&W's website; it is no different than it has been since its inception about 20 years ago.

REV071001 32 pp Service Policy present
REV091108 ?? pp Service Policy Missing
REV052203 32 pp Service Policy present
REV013009 36 pp Service Policy present