View Single Post

Old 03-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Liked 379 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
We've never really defined the proper terms here, but one that applies are "collector grade" or "Investment grade". To me they seem a bit different. With significantly more rarity attached to the investment guns.

But what I'm trying to get to is the idea that the cream of the corp guns have skyrocketed in price. They don't just remain there, they are accelerating upward. The collector grade guns, the ones in great condition, often described as "As new in box", still command the same lofty prices. Then we have the prewar guns which took a huge leap a while back. Those, even the common guns in nice shape aren't easy to locate, and when you do, you throw down a bundle.

Just which S&Ws are going down in price? Maybe the red headed stepchild? Those always used to be the Victory models, followed by the M10s no one wanted. Seen any in good shape for less than $400 recently? I remember when street sales here in KY were thick with corroded ones or cut down barrel guns for under $100. We're not talking 20 years ago, we're talking 10 years ago.

Hint: M&Ps are doing better than your 401k, and surely better than your bank stocks, automotive stocks, not to mention Enron, Worldcomm, or the other, formerly great investments, Fanny and Freddie. Sorry if you owned any of those star performers. An as new in box prewar k22 has some appeal.
Dick is right, my money that I have paid for my collection has doubled, there no bank doing that .