View Single Post

Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Fly Rodder,

Some years back, the PC Shop told me the dovetail was that of a 1911's and surely some aftermarket sights would fit - and to let them know what I found out. I became accustomed to black/black sights.

Duskykiller,

Great to hear how happy you are. The 627 Pro would need a solid trigger - like the forged parts, as the MIM triggers are hollow-backed - to fit an overtravel-limit screw. My PC 627 has one - and I have never used it, as it is flush.

Did you try the HiViz front sight yet? I believe it takes the .250" height - same as my 625JM.

I just got my 1k of new Starline .357M and 50 moonclips, so I will start my plinker loads soon (Montana Gold 125gr JHP over 4.5gr Titegroup in .357M case - Fed SP primed - makes 880-900 fps from 4"/5" barrels.). I may become accustomed to the moonclips yet. I have used that load with Zero Bullet's 125gr JHPs, too - and I have a few in reserve. The Starline brass was bought because I found it easiest to handload the moonclips with. Congrats on your purchase.

I am a neophyte, despite my sixty years on the planet, in the world of S&W. My wife shocked me with my first S&W, a new 625MG in .45 Colt, Labor Day 2002. A long time Ruger lover, I quickly became a convert. The only Ruger I still have is an Old Army bp. The others soon went. The last, a MKII, helped defray the cost of a new 617 last September. I had everything from .32M to .454 Casull. The 'new', ie, current production S&Ws, blew them away. I have fewer firearms now - mostly revolvers - which are all S&W. I love it this way - great shooters and great pride of ownership; IL-wart, MIM parts, and two-piece barrels included! Current production S&Ws, like the 627 Pro, are fine.

Stainz

PS Yeah - prices. I remember $.10 white bread and $.30 gas, too... hadn't seen them in a while, either. Never thought I'd make, working and before taxes, what I now take home on retirement, either. Perspective.