View Single Post

Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vallh:
I'm glad you like Keith, and hope you enjoy the gun show law he helped get passed in around 1999! Keith told me personally that he wanted that law to eliminate all the private dealers at gun shows. Keith was not openly in support of that law, but behind the scenes he did whatever he could to get it passed, as he felt it too would make things better for him.
Is it good business to eliminate the competition? Sure! Good for the guy who wants all the business, but bad for the consumer, and bad for the gun owners.
[QUOTE]

So buy from his competition and don't buy from Keith. Organize a 'boycott Keith's' for all I care.
I don't know him personally at all, know nothing about his politics or business aspirations. In my dealings with him he has treated me fairly and his prices have been reasonable.
Its business and its competitive. His competitors need to accept it and compete. Too many people cover up high prices by making up excuses about their competition being unfair.
Its never good when someone is able to monopolize a market, I don't advocate that but free trade determines that.
I might also suggest that in 45 years of gun buying it is my observation that most gun buyers would slit their mother's throat over $10 on a gun deal, much less worrry about supporting a particular dealer. I'm constantly astonished by the guys who moan over losing $50 on a gun deal but buy a new car, lose literally thousands when they drive it away and never give it a second thought.