View Single Post

Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Liked 3,973 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by 2152hq:

That bottom metal looks to be aluminum and if it is an I recall correctly they were available as a complete unit with the hinged engraved floor plate back in the 50's and 60's (maybe even still are!).
Places like Federal Firearms, Brownells, etc sold alot of them for 03's and Mausers especially.
That explains a lot. I knew it wasn't hand engraved as there are casting marks on the inside, but I couldn't figure out how it was attached. Integrated in the trigger guard answers the question.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2152hq:
They did a real nice job on the bolt handle conversion.

Is that the military trigger, or did they put an aftermarket commercial adj unit in there?
The bolt has a number 3 stamped in the top. Did they bend the handle or was it replaced?

The trigger is original, all parts stamped with an "R". Interestingly the lower part of the receiver has the original parkerization. I'm not sure why they didn't blue the entire thing. I would have thought they would have dipped the entire part.

I see I can still get adjustable aftermarket triggers. What is the general opinion of them? Is there a preferred model?

Thanks,
Dave