View Single Post

Old 04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,495 Times in 1,516 Posts

Hey Guys... lost my broadband internet connection yesterday afternoon before I could upload the latest offerings, it just came back on about 1/2 hr ago.

I added articles from Handloader Magazine which I have from issue#1 (1966) to current.

The Oct 1996 article in particular is a great read about the .44 Spl looking back. .

I also have the Annual Gun Digest books from #1(1944) to #60(2006), so if anyone knows of a particular article in one of those issues, let me know and I'll try to scan and upload it.

And I also have Shooting Times Magazine from Issue #1 (1961 I think) to the year that Skeeter Skelton passed away. Same as above, if there's an article of interest about the .44 Spl let me know.

One other comment about the loads that the .44 associates published and other vintage data, remember... the cases used were the old style balloon head ones that held a tad bit more powder that today's modern cases with the solid case heads... so again, gotta be careful with the old reloading data and not go right to the charge listed... start at 80% and work upwards looking for signs of excessive pressure.

Hey Jerry... should I be scanning these things in greyscale if they are black & white articles? I'm kind of new at this so I've been using the scanner software wizard and taking the default settings.

===========================================

UPDATE 12/24/11 : The articles are now on file hosting site graciously provided by member Matt G: 44_Special_Articles
==========================================
SWCA #1830 SWHF #222

Last edited by Gunhacker; 12-24-2011 at 01:05 PM.