View Single Post

Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM

Liked 701 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom6:
Hello robbt: during my time there (1975-1991 active service) officers purchased their equipment and supplies from several different vendors. One was Nudelman's, a menswear store downtown; they had uniforms and some supplies like badges, holsters, flashlights, gloves, and some other items in the basement. There was another cool police supply outfit in Oregon City, whose name escapes me from this distant place. That's where I ordered the above-mentioned magnificent 686 4". As for Frisbees, yes, that was a small one-man leather shop on N. Greely Ave. When I hired on they supplied all our leather gear (which was minimal - gunbelt, holster, cuff case). Usually when I went in there I dealt with a younger native North American gal, who did in fact know the business. Don't know if it was Frisbee's daughter or someone else. Within a few years we went to the Safety Speed holster, which was a well-designed break-front, but not as good as some others (it was impossible to get a final firing grip on the revolver in the Safety Speed; you had to bump the gun forward, then shift your grip into final position as it rocked out of the holster). The first auto holsters were a superb Ernie Hanson design.
Venom,
The place in Oregon City was E&E Equipment. I got several guns there.
There was a place called Bwana Junction just down the street from the 3rd & Oak police station. There were no deals there, but Joe Lee, the owner, did come up with some pretty neat stuff.

Best,
Gary