View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Landric:
IMO, the "Miami Shootout" was more a failure of tactics and shot placement (and being outgunned by a suspect with a rifle) than an ammunition failure....
"imHo", and at risk of generating a firestorm, it seemed to me at the time the problem was with training and supervision. "Tactics", yes, but that is a result of training and supervision. The two good agents who perished in that firesack should not have died in such a manner. One of the perps (as I recall) had multiple wounds and like the trained fighter he had obviously been, kept on fighting to the death. At the time I suspected they were high on drugs of some kind, having dealt with pcp perps before, but later tests reported there were no drugs detected in the perps. So only prior training and adrenalin could account for the one guys ability to keep on fighting with serious wounds.
(edit, after reading: In the rush I neglected to mention the Agent who also perservered through serious injuries and finally put an end to both perps as they were, as I recall, about to exit the scene.)
Same problems, imho, with the Newhall incident years earlier.
"Tactics", yes. But tactics are a result of training and supervision. At least, "imHo". And, with apologies to anyone with contrasting view developed from a closer relationship with the actual event and people involved.
The Following User Likes This Post: