Thread: Model 13-2 FBI
View Single Post

Old 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM

Eliza;

I've attached a photo of a fixed sighted Model 19-3:

Here's a piece of the Factory Letter from Roy Jinks.

The first time I saw one of these was in about '76 when I was shooting PPC and at one of the Regional Matches one of the FBI Teams came up from somewhere in Kalifornia - I think from Sacramento but that is just a very old memory. All four Agents were carrying Model 19-3s just like this one. They told us that they had been "Issued" these just recently and that they hadn't had much time to 'Practice' with them. I guess that accounts for our 'Cleaning their Clocks' during the "Duty Gun Team Match". I've wanted one ever since that day because of the three inch barrel which also adds the Full Length Ejector Rod feature.

At the time I was Carrying a 2-1/2 inch, Model 19-3 in a Roy Baker Pancake Holster. I had several of these "in stock" and all four Agents purchased one for there own use. At the time, they were 'issued' a Tom Threepersons style holster with the 'FBI' tilt. The Baker Holster also offered the same angle but didn't stick out from the body near as much and made carrying under a light suit jacket much easier without the same "printing" issues.

Contacting S&W at the time got me a great Big "Huh???" and I was told no such gun had ever been produced and of course, when he then said "No more are available." I took that comment to mean that "yes" such guns were built but not for general LEO use.