Thread: Model 13-2 FBI
View Single Post

Old 12-13-2008, 07:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 13 - 3" that I bought in 1981 from J&G Sales. Its a 13-2 and is P & R. serial is 8D74XXX. Do you think this one may also be FBI. J&G was heavily involved with law enforcement sales back then. Mine came with the box and it does have a S&W service depatment stamp on the frame under the grips - I guess either for a repair or a finish correction. At the time J&G alluded to the fact of the gun being a "sample" or "demonstrator" piece and I bought it at a price discounted from wholesale dealer prices. I was not able to get any clear or factual info on their comment from them. At the time I did not really think much of it or put much into its relevance. I was just wanting to by the gun for the price. I cant really tell if its been fired. The recoil sheild does not have a mark on it nor do I see any accumulation between the barrel and frame

At the same time I also bought a Model 10-8 with a 3" barrel Serial 6D58XXX. In the box label under "Stock" - they are listed as "TR" - any idea what this means ?

Any comments by any of the previous posters would be appreciated