View Single Post

Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Liked 17 Times in 2 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Rob Roy Jr, Grandson of Jack Roy. My father is Rob Roy Sr, and I have a son Robbie Roy. I also have a sister named Sheryl. We as a family cannot express in words what emotions reading the postings have brought to our family. Jack was a great man that you either loved or hated. We obviously loved him with all of our hearts and miss terribly the place known as Jack Roy’s Gun Shop. My dad grew up in the house upstairs. I grew up visiting Grandpa Roy, and running to the candy drawer with my sister as soon as we arrived. Grandpa always had silver dollars stashed away for us, as well as a cold bottle of coke in a real glass bottle for us. Now at 44 years old I still miss it. I learned to shoot in the tunnel at the back of the shop, and how not to be organized from Grandpa. Somehow, even thought it could be considered an organized mess, I could probably find everything in the store in my mind some 30 years later. Have a wonderful holiday. We as a family will try to upload some pictures of the store after the first of the year.
The Following 16 Users Like Post: