View Single Post

Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys - looking for some help/advice/contacts (or anything else I can get for that matter). I came across a K-22 pre-war 1st model at a show. Gun was extremely worn but couldn't resist. Everything checked mechanically (albeit cylinder was very loose), but had some bad pitting/plum colored cylinder, etc. Thought I'd try it out for a shooter and keep in original condition, but it was all over the target at 15 yards (4"+) with several types of .22. Ran a history on it with S&W, and it was shipped in Feb. 1932 to a hardware in Philadelphia. Question comes down to this - I'm thinking to make this thing right I need to have it worked on in two steps; action job/tightening by a 'smith, then send out for refinish? Does S&W still do work on old-timers like this, or better to look elsewhere? Sounds like Ford's is THE place for refinishing based on other comments here? I know I'll probably end up putting more into it than it will ever be worth, but I really hate to see an old warhorse go to waste after all these years - I'd rather have a decent looking shooter with some history to it.