View Single Post

Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote "Also, in the same range session I had my Glock 19 with me. Before I shot the Glock, I found an unfired lead 9mm round. Feeling brave, I fired that lead bullet through my G19 equipped with a stock OEM barrel and then fired another 50 rounds of FMJ fodder afterwards. Neither sprey nor the Glock KaBoomed!!!"

I would not suggest firing lead in a factory Glock barrel. A very close friend of mine fired 5 rounds of RN lead in a Glock 17 and on the 5th round, the case ruptured and got stuck in the chamber. The resulting pressure caused the magazine to be blown out the bottom of the magazine well. The magazine had cracks in it and the slide stop lever was snapped off and his hand was blackened and tingling! He had to take a hammer to the barrel and slide to get the barrel to unlock. The empty casing's base was flattened with the case headstamp almost being to the point where it could not be read and the primer was flattened to the point it was part of the casing. The sidewall of the casing had ruptured out through the feed ramp, thus not allowing the slide to cycle. Very luck, but not very smart.