View Single Post

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just acquired a new (to me) 4516-1 that was sold as being in like new condition. Overall, I agree with the sellers description, and believe the gun to probably have no more than 4-5 boxes ammo through it.

However, upon field stripping it, I noticed that on the left side, the upper frame rail has several holes near the end, just under the ejector. They vary in size, but are all small. One of them extends up and over to the top of the rail. It looks as though these pinholes have been present ever since the frame was made, and corresponding area on the slide is smooth.

Although I can not be certain if these holes were in fact present ever since the frame was mode, nor how or why they got there, my guess is that it will not cause any issues.

I was thinking of carrying this gun, so I'd appreciate any feedback as to whether or not anyone has seen this before, feels it could cause cycle issues, or indicate a structural problem with the metal.

Also, on the underside of the trigger guard, there is some gouging that almost looks like the letter "U" has been stamped. If that's what it is though, it looks like it was stamped 3 times, and the first two times only a part of the letter stamped in. Has anyone seen that before?