View Single Post

Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Liked 144 Times in 88 Posts

More from Wollf Springs:
I have been going back and forth with them and it got a little heated at one point;

Previously;
Hi Dave,
I spoke with you last year and you were going to speak to Tangfoglio/EAA at the SHOT Show about this.
I have an EAA Witness-P in 10 m.m. with 15 rd. magazines and it could use a stronger springs.
I tried your #74273 and they work but only allow me to load 14 rounds.
Maybe your #74263 would allow me to get the 15th one in due to a smaller wire size?
The recoil calibration pack #13121 that I received works great with the
18# and 20# CZ springs depending on how hot the 10 m.m. factory loads/reloads are.
If I sent you one of the original 15 round springs, could you match it up?
Thank you and Happy New Year,
BM1

NEW;

BM1,
Same wire size for both. Pitch of the coils is different. Would not affect capacity. Probably won’t even stop by the EAA booth at the SHOT.
They are and have been of no help and continue to be a thorn in my side. There are no immediate plans for production of 10mm mag springs.

Hi,
Maybe your #74263 would allow me to get the 15th one in due to it having less coils?
If I sent you one of the original 15 round springs, could you match it up?
Thank you,
BM1

BM1
Sorry but we’re all done for the time being.

All done, meaning you can't or won't help me?
Regards,
BM1

BM1
There is nothing else for me to do. I’m sorry but we’ve come to the end of the line.
I have no springs that are suitable for application in your gun.

Hi,
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here.
All I'm Saying is that the #74273 work GREAT but only allow me to load 14 rounds,
and it's close to getting the 15th one in.
Maybe your #74263 would allow me to get the 15th one in due less coils?
This is the one that I was told by the forum members that you guys recommended.
There are many folks on the internet forums like the Smith and Wesson forum, 10 m.m. Talk
that are keeping an eye on what I/we do here.
If I could sent you one of the original 15 round springs, maybe could you match it up with, who knows?
I don't know if there is another double stack like it out there.
Some say the Baby Eagle mags will work.
Your recoil spring packs have worked great in all my 10 m.m's., Witness-P, Dan Wesson Razorback,
S&W 3-1006's, 1026, 1046, 1066, 3-1076's and a 1086 and also my 1911 Smiths and Colts in .45 ACP.
Regards,
BM1

Sorry BM1 but you are beating a dead horse.
You are not the first to request a better spring for your 10mm and this is the 37th time that I have checked specs and compared springs in our inventory.
At some point in the future when we have time we hope to address the issue.
Until then we will continue to address priorities on our very long list of things to do.
Everyone on the forums is entitled to their opinion, right or wrong.
We have never recommended springs for the 10mm because we don’t offer them.
I don’t accept springs in the mail for spec or comparison.
I will not address the issue again until we are ready to provide a viable alternative.

OK,
I now understand your point,
now that you have explained to me the number of times that you have had this request.
I'll order your #74263 and just try it, so as to maybe to get the 15th one in due to it having less coils.
The #74273 work great but only allow me to load 14 rounds (almost the 15th) and the size and shape are close.
Thank you again for all your trouble,
I'm sure you are quite busy now with the political winds blowing in the direction that they are.
Sincerely,
BM1