View Single Post

Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Liked 27 Times in 13 Posts

Three 32 Safety Hammerless revolvers with special grips. The pearl grips aren't all that uncommon but they sure are beautiful. The factory ivory medallion grips are uncommon. The wood grips are my favorites. They didn't come on that blue 3rd model all though it is in the correct serial number range. I have the hard rubber grips that came with it put away. Those wood grips may be one of a kind. They are factory very special order, special order grips. They were I believe custom made by the factory for someone who knew what he wanted. They are quite thick and use the screw that fits the thick part of regulation police grips. Normally when you ordered special order grips you checked a box on an order form. These grips were never in a catalog that I can find. Wood grips for the 38 Safety Hammerless grips were, but not 32. I got them from an early member of the S&WCA. I have asked every one I can find if they have ever seen any like them and have gotten no positive responses. ED C or Mike M this is your chance to chime in with what what you can tell me about them, you guys have been doing this a lot longef than I have. The checkering pattern is like that found on I frame grips from 1930 to 1949. 32 Safetys where made till 1937, butt very few were sold after 1930. Can you tell that I like these old Safety grips.
Mark