View Single Post

Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM

Liked 52 Times in 7 Posts

Sorry It took so long for me to get on here and reply to you all. Yes this is my RM- I'm going to get some more pictures on here soon.
Gun has been lettered by Roy- Not much info other than being shipped 2-16-39 to Sheriff A.C. Ammen- shipped to him at the court house in Decatur IL., 3.5 inch barrel, Mcgivern gold bead front sight.
RM is all original- stocks numbered to gun- Mechanically fine- bore decent, chambers ok- nothing that can't be soaked off.
I have decided soak it in solvent for a while and try to get all the active rust off. Lovingly scrub with brass wool and see what it looks like.
I have VERY LITTLE in this gun- purchased from a young guy who needed money- not sure where he got it from- didn't ask, but the gun apparently never left Macon CO IL- till I bought it and moved in 30 miles away.
Due to the provenance and my proximity to Macon Co- I have no intention to sell it. I think I will clean it up as good as possible and merge it with the other's in the safe.
Thanks for everyone's input- I will send more pictures- before and after the cleaning.
Terry Jones