View Single Post

Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 AM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Great thread;

What I didn't see mentioned here were ankle holsters and surely I can't be the only one that uses one. I have come to rely on my Renegade cozy partner ankle holster. I have tried just about every affordable one on the market and since 1999 have been using the same Renegade I paid 50.00 for. When not ankle carrying I use a mixture of Mika pocket holsters or a local leather maker pocket holster, as another poster stated it really depends on my method of dress as to which pocket holster that I use. I also have a Galco IWB that is popular.

I am stating the obvious here but in almost 20 years of carrying a gun every day I haven't found a more accessible, adaptable and RELIABLE platform than a 5 shot j-frame.

One thing to add, I own several j-frames in different barrel lengths, weights, metals and cost. My most used and favorite is a 637-2 airweight chief special that I paid 120.00 LNIB. I had the hammer spur removed and put a set if vintage diamond RB wood grips on it with a Tyler T grip and it all but disappears in any holster it is in.