View Single Post

Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Y-E-S-S!!!!!!!!! last fall at the range a shooter had a VERY DRAMATIC kaboom shooting a T/C contender. He was on the 100 yd. range and very fortunately for me, I was on the 50 yd. range. The entire breech area let go from a possible double charge, I don't know what caliber he was shooting. The scope was blown completely off the gun hitting the shooter in the head and knocking him out. The scope came to rest approximately 10 yds. behind the firing line. The barrel assembly was blown downrange and a large piece of shrapnel was embeded in the shooters bicep. Once he came to and got back on his feet ther was a lot of cussing at his misfortune. His buddies loaded him in their truck for a trip to the local emergency room. I never did hear what happened to him nor what he did to destroy his T/C. His buddies were benchrest shooters and were reloading at the range, the unfortunate goof was fooling around with their reloading gear loading some of his own ammo. I don't think he knew what he was doing with their powder measure and he assembled a really HOT load which thoroughly destroyed his gun. Lucky for him his injuries were no more severe than being knocked unconscious for a while and the shrapnel wound in his bicep. If the shrapnel from the very powerful explosion had hit him in the head or chest it may well have killed the dumb ****!