View Single Post

Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Some of my opinions, for what they're worth - not much.

1. As an engineer - an old engineer - I've consistently observed that for any engineering project the politics are always 10 times more complex than the technics.

2. I've only fired one 10 mm, and that is the Glock. It did take me significantly longer to get back on target than it does with a 9 mm, for example.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 1076 was much quicker back on target - it's much heavier.

3. Much of the current consumer gun market seems to be driven by CCW. At the gun stores I frequent, it seems to be mouse guns galore. Lots of 380s. The 10 mm doesn't really go with that trend.

Someone made a good point IMHO, about people practicing with 38 special and then thinking they can shoot with .357 mag. I'm working on getting grips for my 640-3 so that I can shoot even short barrel .357 mag rounds without too much pain. It's hard. I can't imagine shooting an airweight. Or I can, and I don't want to try it. I have fired .38 +p in a 442. 5 rounds was enough.

I think that a small concealable 10 mm would have the same problems.

In a big metal pistol, I think it would do just fine, but that is more of a hunting and LEO proposition than a CCW. The Glock didn't cause any pain, just a bit slower recovery time.

In our Registered Magnum, with the Pachmeyer presentations, the .357 Magnums don't cause any pain, just a bit slower recovery.