View Single Post

Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please excuse me if this is not in the right area here. I'm fairly new to this forum and over the weekend a friend of mine traded me this S&W what he says if Victory model revolver. I am not that familiar with older revolvers and was wondering if anyone can give me some insight on this one and if you think it has been re-blued or not. The pics are only links and didn't want to load a lot of pics directly on the post due to excessive time for it to load. He said the gun came from his uncle who was an officer and was issued this gun. He said it has been in his desk drawer for the past 30 years wrapped up. Any information on this gun good or bad would be greatly appreciated. pic links following:

Victory pic 1
Victory pic 2
Victory pic 3
victory pic 4
victory pic 5
Victory pic 6
Victory pic 7
victory pic 8
victory pic 9
victory pic 10
victory pic 11
victory pic 12
Victory pic 13
victory pic 14
Victory pic 15
victory pic 16
victory pic 17
victory pic 18
victory pic 19
victory pic 20
victory pic 21
Victory pic 22
victory pic 23
victory pic 24
Victory pic 25
victory pic 26
victory pic 27
victory pic 28

The serial number is V733731. The number is matching on several different areas of the gun. I am not sure exactly what the markings are on the barrel either. The cylinder appears to be slightly different in color than the rest of the blueing on the gun any info as to why on this will help as well. Again any information on this gun would be greatly appreciated either good or bad. Again please forgive me if these seem like stupid questions being asked but I'm just not that familiar with older guns.
Thanks in advance for anyone and everyone's replies and time to help.
Justin