Thread: S&W 342Ti
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

I picked up a LNIB (unfired) 342Ti no IL (also with DC7's help) almost 2 years ago now.

I probably should have kept it as a collector, but I needed a LEO BUG and off duty carry piece.

In carrying it since then and qualifying with it several times, I LOVE it.

I carry it all the time as a BUG. So light in an ankle holster or in the side pocket of my flight suit, I never even notice it is with me.

Off duty I usually prefer to carry a small semi auto that can be COMPLETELY concealed. Found out I usually also kept the 342Ti with me. When warm weather is around and I can't carry the auto concealed, the 342Ti is AlWAYS with me. Sometimes I'll even leave the semi auto in my truck lock box and keep the 342Ti with me just to avoid any chance of it being detected.

Shooting it is not a big deal. I'm not very recoil sensitive, but I carry the Speer short barrel 38 loads in it. part of our qual course is at 25 yards and it even does ok out there.

You should see the faces and rolling eyes of the young officers when I bring it out for qualifying shoots. They always assume I'll be slower holding them up)and score less than they do with their tupperware G guns.

Being older, does not always mean slower or less accurate.(

Good buy and enjoy it.