View Single Post

Old 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Liked 1,841 Times in 604 Posts

They were all factory loads

Just kidding. Mostly used 240 to 260gr Cast Bullets with 17.0 to 20.0gr of A2400. Depending upon powder lot and bullet, these loads actually chrononed at 1,100 to 1,200 fps. For reference, the Remington Factory 240gr JFP chronoed 1,240 fps.

I sent an email to S&W with the first picture (blast shield intact, but eroded) to see if this was normal. S&W emailed me back saying it was. Later when I sent the two guns in at the same time (see below) the Rep I talked with told be that shouldn't happen and querried me about the loads I was using. He was simultaneously entering guns serial number on his computer and quickly backtracked when he saw the gun's repair history.

I've had three 329s. The first one self destructed and was replaced under warranty. I ordered a second one so that I would always have one if anything happened to the replacement. These two revolvers have both been back to S&W twice for replacement of the blast shield. I shot approx 8,000+ thru the 329s. I say appox because I only started keeping track after the first one self destructed (I have over 6,500 rnds thru the remaining two guns).

I significantly reduced my shooting with these guns because they were starting to effect my shooting wrist and I got tired of sending them back for repairs.

I still carry one all day everyday and wouldn't be without it. It is loaded with 260gr WFNGC over a stiff dose of H110 for around 1,300 fps and is the perfec power to wight ratio for my purposes.

Paul