View Single Post

Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 AM

Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts

There are a number of good fiber optic sights out there. Warren-Sevigny is one of the best overall combos going. They offer them as drop-in for a lot of popular guns out there.

Dawson Precision and Brazos Custom have some nice options as well.

It seems that most of the competitive USPSA shooters have them on their iron-sighted guns. I have them on all of mine.

They can and will break. The good thing is that replacing the fiber is pretty easy on the better sights. Clean it out, melt the one end, pull it through, cut and melt the other end....done.

Personally, they're only on my match guns. For a carry piece I want a tritium sight setup because fiber optic doesn't help at all if it's truly dark....and as discussed above, they can break.

Almost none of the competitive shooters use fiber optic rear sights. They don't really offer anything since you should be focusing on the front sight anyway and it's just one more thing to have to clutter up your sight picture. For the same reason I don't particularly like night sights while shooting during the day, but it's a compromise worth making since they make a huge difference at night...the same can't be said of fiber optics. R,