Thread: Model 13-2 FBI
View Single Post

Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by hoopewlchaser:
Hi all, I just saw this posting after I put up a new one, anyway I have a model 27 .357 blued and its an FBI Commemorative pistol, I was told it was offered to agents many years ago and it comes in a ver nice wooden velvet lined box, the FBI logo is on the box and the gun, and the serial# starts with FBI, was wondering if I can get some more info. on it and I was possibly looking to sell it, any info. would be great...Bobby
Bobby, the FBI Commem Revolver was ordered through the FBIAA (FBI Agents Association) and sold only to Special Agents, active and retired. Each was specially numbered and most had the agents credential number engraved just above the trigger guard on the left side. Not all were however as some were produced without a number and these are actually quite rare. The full outfit includes the gun, wooden box, outside cardboard box, shipping carton with the agents name written on the side, the cardboard gun box with bar code label and the tools. There is also a white envelope that holds the brass plate for the presentation case and another small envelope for the key. There is also a couple of information sheets explaining the history of the FBI and S&W. All total this can go from 7-1500 depending on completeness. Here's a picture of what I just described.
Regards
Eliza