View Single Post

Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

Here is the reason i carry at home or stepping out the door.This happened along with 2 other shooting in less than 3 days and 2 blocks of where i live just before Thanksgiving.It's very sad that a year ago this town wasn't this bad.Since this neighborhood has gone to hell i've been looking for another place to live but until then i have to keep a very close eye and ear out for anything unusual.

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Gunfire is a problem that has become all too common in East Huntington.

NewsChannel 3 has the latest of the shots heard around a community and what they mean to one lady who survived a drive-by shooting Sunday night.

"I was sitting in a chair there and heard a bunch of gunshots," said Huntington resident Tim Zirkle. "I heard the same thing a couple nights ago."

Zirkle lives two doors down from where several gunshots hit his neighbor's home Sunday night and injured a woman inside. Police said Melanie Hadden was shot in the hand.

"It about gives you a heart attack," Zirkle said. "That's why I sleep with a gun by my bed."

Earlier in the evening, police said someone shot Thomas Redding and Jerel Scott at a home along Minton Street. The person or persons responsible in both shootings are still on the run.

Police said the shootings are usually drug related in a part of town where officers are trying to curb violence and crime. In the meantime, residents said they will remain on guard.

Officers said they are still investigating the shooting.

Original story
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A woman was shot on the east end of Huntington on Sunday evening. Several shots were fired into her home. It happened just before 10 o'clock Sunday night on 9th Avenue and 25th Street.

This is the second shooting in Huntington Sunday. The first one happened just after 8pm in a neighbor near Cabell Huntington Hospital. No arrests have been made in that shooting but one man was taken to the hospital with a gun shot wound to his abdomen.
__________________________________________________________________________________________