View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 AM
US Veteran

Liked 76 Times in 37 Posts

The first time I ever saw a 1076 was the first day I met John Hall. I had the great pleasure and honor of getting to know him. And, if you knew John, you also knew there were two things that were ever present on his belt: a 1076 and the silver eagle buckle.

Quote:
Originally posted by ARM hawaii:
It was an ok gun for a double action (unforgiving- those that could shoot- liked them- those that could not hated them), and an even better round. It all started for the BU with a personally owned Delta Elite 10mm that was thrown into the testing for fun. Ironic since the best pistols the BU has ever issued are the colt .38 Supers and Springfield .45s.
I truly loved my 1076 and only gave it back under great duress. The Gun Vault started resorting to trickery and outright threats to get them back. Tricky little buggers! As for the Springfield...I have not heard a lot of positive reports from the current folks. In fact, most of what I have heard has been negative. Most I know would gladly trade them for their old P220 or a 4506. I'm sure the opinions vary, though.
Gonzo
The Following User Likes This Post: