View Single Post

Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

I found an old 4 screw Highway Patrol at one of my well-visited pawn shops. 300 bucks and I am happy as a clam. I think I will try to find a set of magna grips for her. It has a 175XXX serial number. Best I can tell from the catalog is that it was made in 1957 (I think); I found the number in the S serial range even though the gun has only the 6 digit serial number. The frame is not marked 28 so I guess it is somewher around the 1956-1957 period. It has honest holster wear and if only she could talk- man, the stories it could tell. I toke the shooter to the range this morning and ran a few hundred round of 357 and 38s through it. After a click on the sight it shot reallllllly good. I start at 15 yards and by the end of the day I was shooting 50 yards with it at an old 10 pound fire extinguisher (my small business) hitting it 4-5 out of 6 shots. Not as good as my 19s but pretty good considering it's 50 plus years of service. I am looking forward to getting the grips back on it. I'll try to get a set soon. Anyway enjoy the pics.