View Single Post

Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Question Say WHAT?

Quote:
Most of those who complain about this powder are the ones who really don't want to shoot a magnum.They simply like to see the word "magnum"roll marked on the barrel.
I suppose there are folks that fall into that category, I don't like H110 but it has nothing to do with not wanting to shoot magnum loads.

Generalizations are ignorant.

I don't shoot magnum rounds just to shoot them either. I like to shoot real magnum rounds when I do though and I don't want the whole sky to light up either. That is my problem with H110. I just don't like the muzzle flash you get from that powder.

With the selection of acceptable powders for magnum velocities available today, there is no reason to be stuck with H110 either. AA#9 will deliver the same velocities with NO muzzle flash. It also has no warning about reduced charges. I also like Lil' Gun for the same reasons.

I use a MILSURP powder too that works very well. It is called WC820. There are lots available that range from using H110 data to AA#9 data. What I like about this powder is that it has NO muzzle flash at all. It was designed for the M1 Carbine round. Could you imagine going to combat with a powder that flashed like H110? No thanks.

FWIW