View Single Post

Old 06-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned

Liked 381 Times in 216 Posts

What happened was, he gave your wife a break. He saw your wife run a red light and wrote her for a no points violation. I didn't see anything about "inattentive driving" in Fredricksburg's local ordinances. It may just be the offense they use for "no points", or part of another offense. Go to www.municode.com and look it up.

I've heard "If I ran a red light, he should have written me for the red light" in court so many times that I'm just about at the point where I'm going to start writing people for the exact violation every time. Same goes for "They just want your money so you don't show up in court, that's why they write you for a no points violation. So you just pay it and don't take it to court." Pretty soon, I'm going to start writing for the actual violation to avoid the appearance of impropriety. "Red Light" means a Red Light ticket. No more "Amber Lights", "Fail to Signal", etc.....Same goes for speeding. 85/55 is now 85/55. No more "5 Over".

No good deed goes unpunished. It never ceases to amaze me how many people think their light was green when the light I'm watching from the intersecting street is green. They ain't gonna both be green at the same time. But, the DVD's don't lie, and I've never, ever written a ticket that wasn't supported later by the DVD, despite the fact that many, many people swore up and down that they weren't speeding, didn't run that red light or weren't 5 feet off the bumper of the car in front of them.

Maybe the cop was wrong in your case.

Quote:
It was written up as a local ordinance violation and the LEO said no points would be assessed. Looking at the link Muley Gil sent, it appears I should've stopped for the yellow light since I wasn't in the intersection
Read it again, I'm guessing it doesn't say you have to stop for the yellow if you're not in the intersection.

Last edited by MaximumLawman; 06-27-2009 at 08:32 PM.